To ensure the sustainable development of our projects, we are constantly looking for motivated people with technical skills and a great imagination.
Do you want to put your trip to good use by participating in a local development project within a community organization?
Solidarity holidays emphasize the meeting with the local populations and the visit of the solidarity actions carried out by our association. You share the daily life of village communities, discuss with our partner associations and NGOs, and participate in various activities such as health, ecology, training, etc.
The Association Against Tuberculosis and Endemic Diseases in Mauritania (ACTUME) aims to:
- Inform and raise awareness about tuberculosis and endemic diseases in France;
- Support health projects in Africa, particularly in Mauritania.
ACTUME has carried out several projects in Mauritania, including:
- The management of a community pharmacy in Tékane, comprising a phytotherapy space, a training space and a social space;
- Follow-up of patients with tuberculosis;
- Training of community health workers;
- The organization of health caravans from 2012 to 2018, which have made it possible to treat more than 17,000 patients;
- The forthcoming completion of a modern health center, which will be equipped with a medical ambulance.
In order to sustain our achievements and share our mutual experiences, we are looking for solidarity volunteers in the following fields: health professionals (doctors, nurses, etc.), pharmacists, agronomists, urban and landscape planners, computer scientists, designers, trainers in office automation , and many others.
From next summer, we will organize solidarity missions throughout the year. Field stays can last from 1 to 5 weeks. Our solidarity holiday program is designed for individual projects or small groups of 2 to 3 people.
We would be delighted to welcome you and work together for a united and sustainable development.
To find out more see:
- Tekane Community Pharmacy: https://actume.org/pharmacie/
- Garden of medicinal plants: https://actume.org/pharmacie/lancement.html
- Tekane Health Center: https://actume.org/centre-de-sante-de-tekane/
- Health center website: http://bulletin.actume.org/centresantekane/
- Health caravans in Mauritania: bulletin.actume.org/2018-06/caravan.html